The Copper Economics, Market and Applications Symposium will focus on key market drivers related to the copper industry in the medium and long term; new sources of supply and demand, the challenge of commercially viable new developments, global warming, demographic changes and opportunities for new demand and products in a wide range of key industries including engineering, electric and electronics, infrastructure, healthcare, automotive and renewable energies, etc.
- Outlook for copper demand in the main markets, and the supply & demand balance.
- Copper market impact of new supply sources such as tailings, seabed mining and primary sulphide hydrometallurgy.
- China’s dominating position in smelting and refining and its impact on the concentrate market. Opportunities to develop a commercial contract to back up an investment for a new smelting capacity in Chile.
- Fabrication of copper and copper alloys
- Strategic product portfolio from a producer’s perspective.
- Fabrication of Copper and Copper Based Alloys
- Characterization of refined copper-based products and the irruption of Green Copper, traceability, digitalization, and the Copper Mark.
- The impact of a circular economy on the recycling industry and the alternative of renting copper instead of selling it, with the consequent reduction in CAPEX for specific projects (windfarms, fish cages, etc.)
- New developments in electromobility and its impacts on copper demand.
- Challenges and opportunities to fulfill the requirements of the Copper Mark.
- Antimicrobial copper and its new applications and product developments. The Chilean experience.
- Green Hydrogen and its impact on the CO2 footprint of Chilean copper supply.
- EU’s regulatory concern about the biocidal property of copper bulk shipments.